OMS Performance Management Program
Increase the production of your mining fleet with this program built on a framework of Short Interval Control, a detailed scenario playbook for operations and dispatch, dispatcher and equipment operator scorecards and the visual management process.
Short Interval Control Dashboard
Our Short Interval Control Dashboard shows the detailed, real-time performance of each loading unit and hauling fleet.
- Quantifies plan target vs actual for each utilization and productivity KPI in tonnes /volume gained or lost. This quickly identifies which production driver is having the greatest impact on fleet productivity.
- Real-time load by load trends assist with both detection of opportunities and validation of actions taken during the shift
- The real-time reporting means issues in the pit can be identified and addressed immediately not at the end of shift. The real-time reporting means issues in the pit can be identified and addressed immediately not at the end of shift
- It is a useful end-of-shift tool for coaching shift supervisors, dispatchers, and general foreman. It is a useful end-of-shift tool for coaching shift supervisors, dispatchers, and general foreman
Operator, Dispatcher, & Crew Scorecards
These scorecards provide detailed feedback on all elements of productivity in an easy-to-understand format. Scorecards decrease site variability across shovel and truck operators, allows for the recognition of top performers, and identifies training requirements for underperforming operators. We consistently see gains in shovel and truck productivity following implementation, leading to an increase in overall mine efficiency.
- Cultural tool for fostering employee engagement through one on one performance discussions between supervisors and operators
- Brings forth ideas and concern from the front-line workforce through regular performance discussions
- Decreases variability across all shovel and truck operators.
- Provides detailed feedback on all the elements of productivity for each operator
- Creates the ability for management to recognize top performers and focus training efforts on underperforming operators
This playbook transforms dispatch data into simple actions and decisions. Mining is a highly variable environment where process bottlenecks can shift multiple times within a shift. Disruptions to regular operation like shovel breakdowns, congestion at dumping points, or changing dig conditions require quick and coordinated reactions between shift leaders, dispatchers and front line supervisors to minimize production losses.
- The operational playbooks build consistency across the site when making decisions by standardizing strategies and actions taken under different operating conditions.
- It can act as a training reference for inexperienced mine personnel on how to prioritize and respond to opportunities in the field.
Operational Playbook examples
Visual Management is the foundation of the OMS Performance Management program. This meeting system creates clear expectations and accountabilities for dispatchers, shift supervisors and operations leadership. Along with the Short Interval Control tool, Visual Management provides a forum for daily feedback and an opportunity to coach and mentor front-line supervisors. It enables a quick exchange of information and at-a-glance feedback on the performance of the mine and specific improvement KPIs being tracked.
Increasing Production and Haul Efficiency at Ferrexpo
In 2016 Outliers initiated a work scope with Ferrexpo to improve the productivity and efficiency of load and haul fleet at Poltava and Yerestovo mines. This scope included the deployment of the Outliers Performance Management tools such as the Short Interval Control tool and the rehabilitation and effective use of the Wenco Fleet Management System to deliver improved truck allocation.