Mine Supervisor Training Program
The Supervisor Training Program is a customized program working from the Mine Manager to front line Supervisors. The goal of the program is to improve the leadership and personnel management skills of these operations leaders in addition to improving their competencies for critical work they oversee in the mine.
Our trainers are mining professionals with technical backgrounds and extensive experience in front line leadership in mine operations as well as management experience at higher organizational levels.
Improving Mining Competency
As a part of the mine supervisor program our trainers will provide practical mentoring for supervisors on how to ensure equipment is being operated as safely and efficiently as possible.
Areas of focus include:
- Compliance to safety procedures
- Proper shovel set-up to maximize productivity
- Proper use of support equipment to maintain haul surfaces
- Using short interval control to identify and address production issues
- Proper use of support equipment on dumps and ROM areas
- Managing beginning and end of shift to minimize interrupts
- Operate for reliability
Mine Supervisor Coaching & Mentoring
Our experienced mine supervisor mentors will work 1 on 1 with each of the leaders and provide observations, feedback and mentoring to help each supervisor develop the core competencies required to be an effective mine supervisor.
These core competencies for supervisor training are:
- Visible Leadership
- Performance Management
- Time Management
- Management Systems
- Acting as Coach & Resource
Outliers Mining Solutions Services Kit
for more information.
Our Recent Projects