Career OpportunitiesJoiN the Outliers mining solutions team
FLEET MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SPECIALIST
Full-time Position, based in Canada
Outliers Mining Solutions is offering an exciting opportunity to be part of a leading provider of mining-specific consulting services that increase productivity and reduce costs at our client’s operations around the globe. Our service offerings include:
- Comprehensive Assessments
- Value Added Dispatch program
- Site Technology Strategy
- Fleet Management System Rehabilitation
- Performance Management programs
- Asset Management programs
- Mine Supervisor Coaching services
- Lean & Six Sigma training programs
Our expertise in mine technology and technical services, combined with our extensive operational experience, makes Outliers Mining Solutions a premier provider of operational consulting services to the mining industry.
You will be part of a small, specialized team that will work to identify process improvement opportunities and implement solutions to close the performance gaps at our client’s sites. Our team of mining and technology subject matter experts and continuous improvement practitioners provide solutions and execute improvement programs that realize a sustainable, step-change increase in performance. Our mission is to turn mines into world-class operations.
Under the direction of the Project Lead, the Fleet Management System Specialist will assist in the delivery of our Value Added Dispatch program. As a part of this program, the Fleet Management Specialist will be a technical resource on best practices for setup and configuration of Fleet Management System, provide in-seat dispatch training at our client’s sites and assist in the implementation of new processes and associated change management activities. They will also assist in the rollout and training in the use of Outliers Mining Solutions’ suite of performance management tools.
With support from the Executive Leadership Team, the successful candidate will help to build and develop the Outliers Mining Solutions’ Fleet Management System Certification Program.
Duties & Responsibilities
In fulfilling the above purpose, your principal duties and responsibilities will be:
- Adhere to OMS Vision and Values
- Promote for OMS Fundamentals
- Dedicate 10% of work time towards business development
- Facilitate fleet management system site awareness training
- Provide in-seat, scenario-based training for dispatchers
- Train dispatchers on the use of Short Interval Control tools
- Execute fleet management system assessments, including system and hardware, remotely and on-site
- Coaching of client personnel on the effective use of the performance management tools
- Support the visual management process
- Support improvement projects for mining processes
- Identify opportunities to improve OMS tools and service offerings
- Attend and present at conferences to promote the OMS brand and service offerings
- Account for time and expenses monthly
- Comply with all OMS standards and policies
- Participate in OMS marketing efforts through blog posts and networking
- Lead and support internal OMS initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate will be an expert user of one or more major fleet management systems (Wenco, Jigsaw, Minestar or Modular) and will work to build their skills in the other systems.
- The successful candidate has a good understanding of best practices for dispatching based on equipment constraints.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess aptitude in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Desirable skills include Minitab, Tableau and Microsoft SQL
- Ability to read and interpret complex business and technical documents
- Ability to work with groups across multiple departments and communicate known concepts
- Comfortable presenting to and facilitating in groups
- Proficiency in multiple languages is an asset
- Must be able to work in Canada
- University degree is an asset
- The candidate will require a minimum of 5 years of open-pit mining experience with at least 2 of those years in a dispatcher role. Outliers Mining Solutions will consider a combination of experience and education for those applying for the position. Previous work in leadership roles in Mine Operations or Technical Services is highly desirable as part of overall work experience.
- Travel to client sites required (approx. 40% of calander time). Work environments can include arctic, desert, high altitude and tropical climates, including mining camp accommodation.
- When not at client sites, work from home is required.
We’d love to hear from you! Please send a CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com